Hi,

All of the sudden my message board and control panel can't be accessed and show lengthy error messages. I hadn't made any changes and this just happened out of the blue.

When I go to the control panel login screen I get the following error message:

Can't open '/home/pointe/public_html/ubb/cache-ZW6RM756/lock/global.cgi'. Permission was denied - please ask the administrator to check the permissions on that file/directory. The exact error returned by the operating system is: Permission denied
at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/cp.cgi line 169 main::__ANON__() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/Modules/UBBCGI/Carp.pm line 150 UBBCGI::Carp::fatalsToBrowser() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/Modules/UBBCGI/Carp.pm line 86 UBBCGI::Carp::die() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib.cgi line 2769 UBB::CommonElements::process_bang() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi line 267 UBB::FileHandle::_open() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi line 308 UBB::FileHandle::_open_lock() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib_filehandle.cgi line 58 UBB::FileHandle::new() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib_filehandler.cgi line 57 UBB::FileHandler::new() called at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/cp.cgi line 198

When I go to the message board, I get these error messages:

Software error:
Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at Modules///Time/Local.pm line 33. BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at Modules///Time/Local.pm line 45.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@pointemagazine.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Software error:
[Wed Feb 11 17:19:28 2004] ultimatebb.cgi: Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at Modules///Time/Local.pm line 33. [Wed Feb 11 17:19:28 2004] ultimatebb.cgi: BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at Modules///Time/Local.pm line 45. Compilation failed in require at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib_time.cgi line 5.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@pointemagazine.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

Software error:
[Wed Feb 11 17:19:28 2004] ultimatebb.cgi: [Wed Feb 11 17:19:28 2004] ultimatebb.cgi: Global symbol "%Config" requires explicit package name at Modules///Time/Local.pm line 33. [Wed Feb 11 17:19:28 2004] ultimatebb.cgi: [Wed Feb 11 17:19:28 2004] ultimatebb.cgi: BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at Modules///Time/Local.pm line 45. [Wed Feb 11 17:19:28 2004] ultimatebb.cgi: Compilation failed in require at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib_time.cgi line 5. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/pointe/public_html/cgi-local/ubbcgi/ubb_lib_time.cgi line 5.

Anyone have a clue what might be going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!

-Rob