It seems that *all* links in UBB.threads are set to open in new windows. I personally find this undesirable because it is like the site is trying to control what I do with my browser; generally if I want to keep browsing the same page and open a new link in a separate window I will explicitly do so: I don't want the reverse behaviour.

This is especially annoying in the case of links within the same forum. It's not a case of a site operator trying to stop me leave his or her site (which I don't like in any case); it's worse: even if I try to go from one page on the site to another on the same site then UBB.threads tries to force me to open another window. So browsing a UBB.threads forum requires me to open up a string of windows and close them one by one, or use a browser like Firefox which allows me to force links to open where I want them; but even that work around is not desirable because it requires me to access a contextual menu in order to override the undesired behaviour when I would rather just do a single-click.

So my feature request is that this behaviour be made optional/controllable in the control panel. I think that a minimum there should be a choice between two options:

1. Links should open in new windows.
2. Links should open in the same window.

If you want to make the feature more powerful you could add a third option:

3. Only links to items outside the forums open in new windows.

And in the spirit of customization, you could add:

4. Allow users to set a preference for how links should be opened.

But for me "1" and "2" are the most important. I want to feel that my forums are my friend, not my enemy.