I'm not sure that any files would need to be deleted specifically that would tax the server; I mean sure a popular thread getting indexed may, but purging it is just asking for SE content to go bye bye.

UBB.Threads has been here for about as long as UBB.Classic and I expect it to last quite a bit longer (especially with Rick on staff).

I for one enjoy threads, it's got a good solid feature set and runs a hell of a lot faster than my ubb.classic.

Most of the alpha testers where UBB.Classic users, so just about any feature we could think of that we all used was requested to be in UBB.Threads.

Threads has been a whole hell of a lot more kind on my server than classic ever was lol...

No, no security issues with UBB.Threads7.

MyQL should already be on your server; and if you're wanting upgrades there are several of us UBBDevers who do such upgrades (myself, allen ayres, ian spence, etc); this includes importing from ubb.c to the new product. Additionally, Infopop also does imports.

They're not so much horror stories as they are truths, keep in mind you're migrating data from one product to another, it'd be no differant if you where doing it with a competing product. The migration takes time, and will take a couple of hours to complete. Your best bet is turning off your .c forums and then beginning the import, sometimes its a couple hours, sometimes its more... pay no attention to my horror story as i'm on a shared system and its constantly b0ged.

There is no way to export without downtime. The processing is live, which simply means it pulls data from your forum while its running; you don't wnat users to make new accounts or adjustments to posts or their profile while you're importing as it would cause the import to not be "up to par".

Through customization you can make threds look like classic; feel free to look at my forum as i got ultra bored one night... www.undergroundnews.com

Yes you can use html in your head and footer.

You can disable any feature you don't want, in fact you can ultimately clone your .classic look (as in no sidebars and colors).

You can adjust the fonts and everything on your site, UBB.Threads uses CSS for just about everything.

No they will not be logged in at the new site, differant cookies, differant product; they should know their passwords as it won't change from .c to .t.

UBB.Thread's importer comes with a redirector for ubb.c (in fact i and several others required it due to SE rankings)

see above for google linking.

uhmmm they'll bitch that you didn't upgrade sooner because ubb.c is a bloathog lol...

you should be well fine on posting that fast.

Again, UBB.Threads has been here almost as long as UBB.C; it's a long long long established product.

I'd move to .threads, I don't make a good income wiht my site ($200/2 months) so i'm always playing around...

I wouldn't look at other software, especailly since you have a gold license (you do know you get FREE access to UBB.Threads with current member area access right?)

i think UBB will be here for quite a while, its been here thus far, no reason to see that changing.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!