Originally Posted by Conrad
If I dump the DB as instructed earlier in this thread (into a single file) then that's all I need to restore my database should anything bad happen, right? It'll restore all those tables from that single file?

You are correct, you would use the following syntax to insert the tables into the database:
mysql -h localhost -uusername -ppassword database_name < dump_name.dump

And yes, I love using ssh to do all of my work on a server, it just saves time being able to edit files, create and upload dumps, etc.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!