I can say that I like how redirect forums look hehe...
As for a trashcan forum, what's to stop you from creating a boneyard forum and just moving things there?
As for plugins, there has been a huge development community at UBBDev/ThreadsDev/UBB Code Hackers that has been around since vB has been in diapers...
WYSIWYG we have a quite nice and powerful editor that I've yet to hear any complaints on.
Captcha will be in 7.1, onlya visual captcha; it should be noted however that only having a visual captcha isn't compliant with accessability laws in most countries; you have to cater to numerous types of disabilities for it to be legal. The feature itself in UBB.Threads will be admin changable so will be enabled on a site by site basis which would put the owners in charge of any alternative registrations.
Warnings and Suspensions, I've never found it hard, as an admin of several communities, to personally warn my users about their conduct, in fact, my moderators and senior members don't have problems either... As for a suspension, you can remove access to your forum for a user at any time, so it would be a suspension in most reguards, no?
Archives, we've had archives for years, in UBB.C and UBB.T; simply make a forum with no posting access and read access, instant archive.
In reguards to exporting PM's, you could do this via a MySQL Dump either through command line or phpMyAdmin by dump by backing up the proper private topic tables.