Hi, I guess I've found "my people"
hope someone sees this as I am having some similar problems for the first time with ubbclassic in all the years we've been running it. Have always felt so secure but perhaps we are big enough now to be noticed by spammers. I don't want to upgrade....is this silly...because our ranking on google is so high with the html pages ubbclassic creates for us.
So I am running UBB.classic 6.7.1 and no spammers are using the report posts, but there is a sudden deluge of about three registrations a day that are obviously bogus. They don't post. They register with one ip and come back on another....the only advantage to registering I guess is that they get some info about the site in the email that comes back with their password and that in their profile and even in their name is some advertisement for Dr.Pill or xxxsexypornstarsxxx etc.
Are they doing this by registering in realtime or are they using some back door way in? Most are from germany or denmark.
SO MY QUESTIONS ARE:
1. Any insights?
2. Is there an upgrade for us that will maintain our ranking?