My before comment that the scrollbar css doesn't work in other browsers was to inform everyone that, if you're trying to make your site appear the same to all users regardless of their browser, that the scrollbar elements won't show up for browsers other than IE.

To respond to your comments, Iit's not that I don't like IE, its that they don't follow standards that are not theirs to re-invent; most of the standards microsoft takes upon themselves to "re-invent" have been established and are maintained by non-proffit organizations that where created just to work on these standards...

I'm not saying that Opera or Mozilla are perfect either, by all means no one can be, especially a company. I'm simply saying that M$ has the track record of re-inventing everything.

Think of it from a designer standpoint, you want your site to look the same for every browser, this is impossible for the element that Microsoft invents out of the blue, as other browsers follow strict standards based by these non-proffit international organizations.

I'm not saying IE sucks (well, it does for me, but to each their own) my grype is that they don't follow standards which does hurt some users (as some invalid elements can effect some non-visual browsers for impaired users).

It's mine, and a lot of others, viewpoint that companies need to try their best to adhere to these standards as not all users can use one browser, or even one operating system, may it be due to funding (windows is quite expensive) or may it be because they're visually impaired and need the aid of a "reader" browser or "braille" browser (which are pretty neat if you've had the chance to see one).

It should also be noted that when standards are built and maintained RFC's are created so it's easy to understand what one can and cannot do outside of official documentation. You can find RFC's for anything from HTML to TCP/IP.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12/11/2006 1:23 AM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!