Hi, Rick
We're getting nearer.
I cannot upload Avatars via the Control Panel. The error message is "We could not move the avatar into the /images/avatars/default directory..."
I also checked uploading graemlings and forum icons, and this no longer works, too. I have been able to upload graemlins and forum images a couple of days ago when I migrated the forum.
Something I've done after the initial migration caused problems.
I checked the security on the web in IIS and the file system, and the permissions for the web server user for these folders are OK. They are inherited from the web root of the forum down to the lowest folders.
I refreshed the security down to all folders, without a change.
The "Permission Checks" in the control panel also returns all folders with a green OK.
I've tightened the security on this web site a bit, like for my other sites:
register_globals = Off
allow_url_fopen = off
safe_mode = On
display_errors = Off
open_basedir = d:\web
Any special setting I should check?
I've also used SysInternals FileMon to check what's going on in the file system, but except from some failed looks for the newly uploaded file ("no such file") there are no errors or privilege issues. The no such file error is caused when the control panel checks for the file after the upload. But since the upload failed, this error message is to be expected.