I'm not saying you can't and shouldn't, but I know that it took Microsoft over 3 years of legal battle to shut down a site in HK that was obviously providing illegal content and they have BILLIONS to spend on it and couldn't stop them for a long time.

There are thousands of site around the World that snub their nose at all our "legal" claims here in the US. Give Russia a try, they have thousands of sites currently dealing in illegal content from a US standpoint, but can't seem to stop them either.

I'm not saying he should pirate, that is just lame. But the reality is that MONEY is often a main factor in being able to stop someone and if it's done here in the US then we have a much better chance of stopping it. But if push comes to shove and you don't have physical proof then you have to go to court and prove it, and again, most small companies just can't afford to take you to court over a $300 piece of software when if they loose they can quite possibly be held liable for all court costs as well.

Why do you think the MPAA used threats all the time, even though they have millions of dollars, if they're wrong then they end up losing in court as well and that is quite costly. There are plenty of people that stood up to them and the MPAA dropped it because they didn't have enough proof to go to court over it.