Originally Posted by jgeoff
Are we talking about two different things, or are you still a little under the weather? tongue wink

If you password-protect the forum, like any directory, no one (including a search bot) will be able to visit it w/o the password. And on top of that, registered members will need to go through that extra log-in step as well. I don't see that as an attractive solution. wink


Thats what i was saying, if a guest (an un-authenticated user) cannot access yoru forum, a search engine robot will nto be able to either.

They, form what i coudl tell, where saying they wanted an additional means of password to view their forum, which is what htpasswd would be for


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!