What do you people think about this...

I am installing Threads for the first time, converting a lively Classic 6.7.3 board with a 4-year history. I would like to convert the board the first time, and play around with settings until we get it set just right, then trash it all and do a final convert.

This scenario serves two purposes: 1, I can get up to speed on Threads installation and administration, and take my time so I get it right; and 2, the old board continues running untouched.

Once I have got things smoothed out as much as possible, how hard will it be to kill it all and start over? Can I simply delete and recreate the /forums directoy, and drop and recreate the database and database user?

Or might it be even easier... keep everything intact in the /forums directory, but change the database name and rerun the database part of the install and import?

How thin is the ice here? :-(