Originally Posted by BradHa
You know I used to be an open source guy for forum software but in the end I thought they were also a lot more open to getting hacked.

I mean, we've been hacked with this software too, but nowhere near as often as we were with any of the other forums we have used over the years.

On top of that, they have ALWAYS supplied quick fixes here while most of the other open source forums would take a few days to get the fix done. Most of the time the technical genius who helps with my site, just wrote the fixes himself because otherwise we would just be open to attack for a couple of days straight. That is NO GOOD!!

The problem with software like this is that it eventually becomes a known commodity and if the source code is out there, you are going to have a ton of hackers trying to beat it.

Yupp you are right. But UBB Central is too expensive, it is a great product but it would be better if it was cheaper. vBulletin is way too expensive and UBB Central is even more so even if it is a better products.

You just can't afford to buy 10 licenses for 10 boards, that is why commercial forums are bad.