NT, do a fresh install of XP Pro and do no updates, let it run for 2 weeks and monitor your resource usage.

Now, install windows updates, all of them like any standard sheep would do... And now monitor your resource usage.

Your resource usage (on the bare system, running no extra utilities) will run like crap compared to the fresh system, with only Windows Updates installed.

So yes, it is true; the windows updates "new fangled utilties" that come as standard updates are a complete drain on your machine; it's quite discusting and makes baby jesus want to cry...

I haven't done this in several years, but it's been the same for several versions of Windows; it's sad when you can't even trust the provider to do something as simple as provide reliable updates to their software lol...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!