Wondered if anyone would read the last two

LOL

BTW, I absolutely love UBB.threads

Me too ! And there was me refusing to move from UBB.classic last year !

Some of my faves:

More advanced registration system
Javascript Post Islands (like classic had)
Boot user from and invite user to a private topic.
All actions that effect content (editing, deleting, updating) should be in the admin log.
Ability to sort avatars in categories.
Warning System; moderators can "strike" a user for infractions; upon an admin definable number of strikes the user is restricted to forum features (unable to send pm's except to admin/mod's, unable to use shoutbox, unable to post calendar options, etc); upon another admin definable set of strikes the user is banned for an admin definable amount of time.
Timed sticky posts
Global announcements show on forum index above category listing (like they would in the forum index)
Ability to post calendar entries "in the past"; currently you can only post for "this year".
Have the ability to count "years" for items like "anniversaries" so you can see the length of time visualy since the event started (as in forum anniversary)
Latest Posts vs Active Topics (so you can see content of the active post/last postd user vs original post/original poster
Payment Options through PayPal and NoChecks
Allow multiple news feeds on portal
RSS System for Sidebars
RSS Forums
Weekly Events (the ability to schedual an event to go from Day1 to Day2 and reoccur every week).
Email Notification on event day
You have not posted in a while
popup search box (like what other forum solutions have)
Biography back in the member info pages.
ability to approve user-uploaded avatars
Integrated Gallery, possibly that looks like the Melto Gallery with the "top level view" of coppermine.
Ability to disable special formatting
add new user from control panel
True Archive Functions - either create flat files or use archive mysql type.
Have gramelin system search for gramelins which are in the folder and ask what you wish to import which doesn't already exist in the database.
Posts don't count forums (where users like myself cannot mass post to increase post count
Auto send birthday PM
Auto turn forum on after backup
IP's in "admin view" link to a lookup database, such as domain tools: Ex: http://whois.domaintools.com/127.0.0.1
Enhanced Statistics - In UBB.C there was a mod which would show detailed statistics which included some monthly statistics.
List Bullet Types - I'd love the ability to be able to choose if i want a diamond, block, circle, or numbered list wink...
Password Forums - a .c feature, where you can assign a password to a forum; I understand that groups is a valid replacement to this in .t7, but I enjoy playing favorites and don't always like updating group lists lol
Updating EMail address should re-do the email validation procedure (except for admin/mods), it should lock the users account so they cannot post until they re-validate their email account.
Limit # of images in a post - come on, we don't need to see users with 50 images in a post... I propose an admin definable option for max# of images embedded in a post :nod:.
"contact us" use mailform vs link or email address; would allow sending secure emails without having to worry about spambots gobbling up your email addresses; should use the CAPTCHA system.
Hovering over subject in thread list shows truncated version of the original post.
I'd like to see a more powerful "home" page section, what we have now is just kinda generic, perhaps make users *want* to go to this page? list new posts of favorite forums, rss feeds perhaps?
ability for users to re-request their authorization email should it fail to be sent.
Anonymous Posters to have the ability to enter a name which is not currently registered.
Ability to enter a "space" in the public display name. An admin can set it in the CP but for public users you're told you can only use alpha numeric.
"You must be logged in" options - Such as viewing links, emails, images, etc
Spoiler Tags - Mmmm, spoilers... Would make a user have to click a "Click here to view spoiler" button/link to view "hidden" text.
Auto Lock - Auto lock threads older than X days (to prevent users from resurrecting the dead).
"Page X of X Styles" I'd like to see the pagination boxes have their own class so that styling for them will be easier to handle (vs having to sit and try to match to the best of your ability)
Gizmo should be admin, everywhere, not just here... that is all :x...
Moreover, I think Rick deserves a raise, for having to put up with us :nod: hehe...

laugh