Well, if I had to choose some favorites...

• NetBPM option for CAPTCHA (Figure we have GD2 and ImageMagick, NetBPM is another largely popular image engine)
  • Javascript Post Islands (like classic had)
  • Boot user from and invite user to a private topic.
  • MD5 hashing of uploads for validity
  • More collapsing forum options; it'd be nice if you could set them to default collapsed.
  • Ability to sort avatars in categories.
  • Download Archive system, so admin can see what files are uploaded and what threads and users they belong to.
  • Global announcements show on forum index above category listing (like they would in the forum index)
  • Have the ability to count "years" for items like "anniversaries" so you can see the length of time visualy since the event started (as in forum anniversary)
  • You have not posted in a while
  • Biography back in the member info pages.
  • lock member profiles - so that only an admin can edit it.
  • ability to edit login names
  • ability to reply to global announcements
  • SHA1 vs MD5 - For passwords, would allow greater security of user passwords, in fact this is the password store type for the "new passwords system" in php4.3+
  • Remove "view all" when thread reaches X amount of posts
  • I always found "PM Inbox"/"PM Folders" an awesome idea; was an old mod at UBBDev for UBB.C
  • Trashbin Forums; where deleted threads/posts are moved/split vs just purged forever (as a forum option)
  • Enhanced Statistics - In UBB.C there was a mod which would show detailed statistics which included some monthly statistics.
  • "Copy Thread" would be killer; we could copy a thread from source forum to destination (such as a admin flag forum) to discuss posts within.
  • "contact us" use mailform vs link or email address; would allow sending secure emails without having to worry about spambots gobbling up your email addresses; should use the CAPTCHA system.
  • QuickPost - Where you have a link from the category index to create a new thread, and the new thread page has a dropdown listing every forum available.
  • New User Sponsors This would be great for "private" communities as you can have established users sponsor newbies who want to get in on the fun...
  • "Request to Join Group"... I have seen a group system in (i think) phpbb, where users can see what (public) groups exist, and can request to join them. Some of these groups unlock otherwise "private" sections of the site, etc.

Additionally, I think that most of these are some of the only ones from my initial post which haven't been added in yet wink... There are a couple of other ones lol...

Anyone want to go through the original post and strikethrough those which have been added in?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!