BTW, heres a small chart to show the differance of using a script and using the command line.

Using a script:
1. Your browser, connects to the webserver.
2. The webserver connects to the MySQL server.

The problem here is that any requests to MySQL have to go through the webserver, and the webserver has a "maximum execution time" variable, once you go over this threshold, the server times out your request.

When the server is preforming critical tasks like optimizing or repairing tables, it locks those tables so that no new data can be written to them to avoid loss of data or possible curruption.

Using MySQL via command line:
You access MySQL directly, there is no maximum execution timeframe, as the webserver is not involved. As no webserver is involved, there will be no additional resource usage through the webserver.

Please note though, that I would highly recommend that you optimize your database before backing it up; theres no sense in backing something up when it could be much smaller and "optimized". :nod: lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!