In this thread, Converting links from Classic to Threads, Gizmo wrote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo
The redirectors are the files ultimatebb.cgi and ultimatebb.php that are in the file with the importer file for classic to threads; it's a dead simple install, simply update the forumurl in the scripts, then overnight your old files on your old forum install and the old links will forward to the new locations.

Not quite "dead simple" for people like me. But I think I have done it right, but in a thread which links to another thread, and both are imported from Classic, all I get is the forum summary on the redirect.

For example, in the classic forum, this link goes from one thread to another: Fall Conditions on the Main Whitney Trail Note that this Classic board is still running, and is the currently active board.

But in my Threads board, the link fails: Source thread is here The target link is: Fall Conditions on the Main Whitney Trail

But you can see by clicking on the last link, it goes to the forum summary, and not the actual thread, which should be this:
Fall Conditions on the Main Whitney Trail

Please note that my Threads board is on a new server, with a temporary URL starting with "www2". So if you start clicking on links above, modify the www to www2 to interact with the Threads testing area.

Any ideas what I need to change to enable the redirection to go to the actual thread?