Hmmm, from what I can tell so far, version 6.5.5 (probably the older ones as well) used the dosearch file to return the active posts, just specifying the length (days). The new software uses a separate file (mentioned above), but also has the dosearch.inc.php file in the scripts directly which looks a lot like the old dosearch file.
Maybe either of these could be changed?
Do I smell a hack to also list another link under "Active Topics" that list All posts in the last 24/48 hours? Or maybe a link that also says "Active Posts?" I am sure this would be an easy mod for Rick (as he programmed/changed all this stuff), but I would have to dig into it. Heck, I didn't even know PHP until about a year ago (when I first downloaded UBBThreads). Don't you hate that as a developer? Want to use something and then have to learn a completely new language? Argh.
Anyway, if someone could come up with a simple down and dirty hack to modify this to show all the post in the past 24 hours I am sure it is wanted by more then just me.
After all, this is how the old software used to work.
BTW, this is the old link:
dosearch.php?Cat=0&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&daterange=1&newertype=d&newerval=1&Limit=25&topic=1&fromsearch=1
Maybe the new function could use this somehow?
Fred
Last edited by Fred; 03/18/2007 7:16 PM.