Originally Posted by Gizmo     01/09/07
Could be a couple of things... Some Anti-Virus, Firewalls, or Internet Security Suites block the referrer value and should be disabled on the users machine. You can disable this security check in the control panel, however it isn't recommended. You should also be sure all posible urls that users can login or post from are in the tracking box in the control panel (including the www and non www versions of any domains that you use).

I have both the www and non-www versions of my board set in the control panel, and I had a bad link in the old Classic board's redirection script that is fixed. Everyone seems to be using the board ok, except for one.

I have one member trying to connect from a US EPA T1 line that he says is "fairly secure", and gets that firewall message every time he tries to post. He was using Internet Explorer, and has just now downloaded and installed Firefox, and the Firefox connection gave him the same message.

Can anyone give me some recommendations to try?

EDIT: More info: He can post using a collegue's computer in the same office. So it is only his computer. He has cleared the cache in IE. But why would a brand-new Firefox have the same problem???

Actually, clearing the IE cache... Tools, Internet Options, Content, Clear SSL State. Is there any other?

I see IE has a Security tab. Not sure what his setting is.

Last edited by Steve C; 05/01/2007 5:40 PM.