Long time, no post. LIFE!

Gizzy knows a little bit about this problem.

Long story--short summary. I changed over to threads at the end of last year, and then, because my former host company couldn't/wouldn't provide me with decent service, I switched to a new host.

I then experienced problems with the third party company I was using to for e-mail for my moderator group, everyone.net

I could not remember my account information, and they would only send it to the e-mail address on record--which happened to be an OLD e-mail address that I no longer had access to.

I tried to explain this to them via e-mail and phone conversations. They kept telling me that I could not verify that I was the owner of the account, therefore, they could not help me

So I told them that I no longer would be using their service and switched to a different company.

Wouldn't you know it--at the end of May, they charged me for another year of service!

I called them today and demanded that my money be refunded. The woman I spoke with made me jump through a few hoops, but in the end, while I was on the phone with her, she sent me an e-mail and told me to reply to it--that by doing so, my account would be canceled AND my money refunded.

---

Just a little bit ago, I received an e-mail from them--which stated: "Unfortunately, we are unable to verify account ownership with the information you have provided and cannot process your request."

You could say I went a tad-bit ballistic!

Un-freakin-real!

I gave them my name.

I gave them the number they charged.

While I was talking with a representative of theirs on the phone, they sent me an e-mail to which I responded to.

What more do they need?

---

This is the EXACT reason I *fired* their service several months ago. When I needed them to help me to access my account which I paid for, they made me jump through hoops and then still could not help me out.

---

With their message to me, I fired back a very irate e-mail--promising them to take action (I've already filed a complaint with the California Better Business Bureau).

They replied back to this e-mail with "Threats are a violations of our terms of service (http://www.everyone.net/agreement_enduser.html"

---

Un-freakin-real!

I don't know if anyone here uses everyone.net, but I would strongly recommend staying far, far, far away from them!

~Sue
adwoff.com