Thanks for the replies so far guys.

My problem is that I have a technical forum and the users tend to 'need' to tweak their responses.

However, that said, it gets abused....

Originally Posted by Rose
I have one guy that makes everyone nuts though. Without fail, he edits every one of his posts. So someone will reply to him, but by the time they've posted, he's changed it so that their reply is out of context.


Likewise, my guy (who is extremely knowledgable) sometimes gets a bit heated and fires off a few volleys, then appears to regret it and edits his posts to an empty response - throwing the context into disarray.

Right now, I'm thinking, 2hrs for both.

I can't see the point in making the delete any shorter than the edit. (What's the point of editing the post to a blank screen but not being able to delete it?)

I'd still welcome further input though, if you'd like wink