hehe, i think it would be quite easy to limit the size of the data being parsed per post. so that would save the javascript abort.

and in normal use (at least in the threads forums where i already use it), people don't paste more than a page or two of code at a time, which the .js code (from what i see) handles in chunks between pre's or textareas. so the fear of having a long thread with 2 pages each per post breaking it probably isn't totally scary.

matter of fact i just tried it on my test forum with 20 large copy/pastes of differing code types in one thread and it handles it, albeit perceptibly slowly (1-2 seconds to finally hump through all 20 posts) and also, that 2 seconds was ALL (huge percent) client time. imagine the server (php) having to do the same and serving it up to 100 users at a whack! wink

but i will grant you that it might be slow on huge stuff.

i'm glad you read his wiki and found that out. it's good info to take into account, when evaluating wink

ps: on a side note, i wonder if he has a brother with 1st name Michail (gorbachev) laugh