Dredging this old thread up again.
1) Global moderators are not in 7.2, right? It's still a case of manually adding our current moderators to each forum as a moderator? Lessie... 9 moderators x 101 forums = Ouch!
2) Another question about staff access. We have several Administrators. We want to reduce to 3-4 the number of total staff members who have access to the control panel, which all "Administrators" do have full access, right?
3) I created a new group called "Staff" (original, huh?). They have access to all the forums.
4) I need to add staff members (moderators and administrators) into that group, right?
5) Do I then remove them from their previous moderator and administrator "Member Status" and make them "Users" ...or do I make all of them moderators?
6) Moderators see the "Control Panel" link but it's limited what can be done, right?
7) Is the "Edit Users" Capability what allows access to the full "Control Panel"?
8) And for the 3-4 persons I want to have full Control Panel access, how best to show them as "Staff" but with the added capability.
I'm sooooo confused! Argh!
TIA for any and all help.