Hi I'm an Admin with Wisc. Tiger on the same board.

The following is what a member posted back in July when this problem was happening.
Originally Posted by jthorpe
well, I can tell you it's not a browser issue. Based on what I'm seeing, I can tell you it's a MySql issue on the server. IT may have been happening for a while now but if it's not fixed it's going to get worse until you have no site to visit. wink Just letting you know. been there and done that. I posted some information in another thread that would help the problem for a while.
Originally Posted by jthorpe
Guys, you might want to contact the owner about this again. I was trying to explain the other day about MySql having a problem here. I don't know if you guys contacted the owner or not, but your server is either being overloaded with db connections because it's shared, or you're at the point where there is too much traffic for a single machine.

This is the error I'm getting:

Invalid MySql query
Too many connections

Do me a favor. I own and run a lot of sites like this one. I'm telling you, if the problem isn't fixed, you're going to find yourselves down a lot longer than just a few minutes at a time. I would also suggest making sure that you have backups in place.

Whoever owns this machines needs to go in and change max_connections in the my.cnf file. On unix it's usually in /etc/my.cnf.

Does that help and how do we fix that?