I have had a problem these last few weeks with someone sending spam through my server and have been unable to identify a source. I was browsing WHM and noticed a section for email statistics where one of the sections was for "top 50 sending hosts" - where it lists a lot of sending hosts that sent 1 or 2 emails in addition to "local". Now in my mind no one should be sending throughmy server except the forum software - "local".
Some of those sending hosts were from *.ru - where the spam is from and that led me to wonder if those "sending hosts" show on that list because they used the "Email Post" function - does anyone know?
I can't see any other way email can be sent from the server and the amount of spam being reported to spamcop is just one email a week - although the spam does not look like it came from the forum at all. Could that "Email Post" form be modified by a spammer? Anyone know?