Originally Posted by NTents
I can upload attachments with no problem, and they do get uploaded. However, the files are being renamed with the number instead of being prefixed. For example, instead of help-file.pdf becoming 423-help-file.pdf, it simply becomes 423.pdf. I can't figure out why this is happening.

OK, I understand why this was done (as to Ricks answer) but I would really like to have the old behavior back, i.e. that the file is saved with the original name (plus the attachment number).
Would it be possible to make a selection for the admin to select between the two behaviors?

The reason to why I would like to have the the file saved with the original name is that I don't want to rename the file back to the original name when I download it.

One more thing that is different is that previously when an attachment was added, the attachment number was listed in the post, but nowdays it is not. I would like this back also...

... but this starts out to be a little of a wish list - perhaps I need to post this in the suggestion forum?