Wow! I've been having the same issue since last week as well.

I'm still using the 6.7.2 UBB.classic as well. I've re-upped my license to potentially upgrade to Threads, but this problem also gives a PHP error -

Accelerator Error:
Oops, I can't get a flock on the counter file.

And the following CP message -

An uncaught exception has occurred while processing your request.

More information may be available on the Debug Information tab.

ยป Please use your back button to return.

DEBUG:

StandardHTML stack trace:
at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/ubb/Templates//cp2_common.pl line 96

main::StandardHTML called at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/ubb/Templates//cp2_common.pl line 131

main::StandardHTML2() called at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/cgi-bin/cp2_lib.cgi line 756

main::CatchException() called at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/cgi-bin/cp.cgi line 490

main::__ANON__() called at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/cgi-bin/Modules/Error.pm line 303

eval {...} called at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/cgi-bin/Modules/Error.pm line 294

Error::subs::run_clauses() called at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/cgi-bin/Modules/Error.pm line 386

Error::subs::try() called at /home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/cgi-bin/cp.cgi line 491

Extra information:

Can't EXlock '/home/users/web/b288/pow.legionadmin/htdocs/ubb/cache-EDRVBMT8/lock/global.cgi'.

The operating system has run out of file locks to give me.

Please ask the administrator to contact the web hosting provider.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
No locks available

From the looks of it, we're both using PowWeb and both getting the same answers.

Thanks for the help Gizmo!

(I plan to switch to Threads after 7.3 comes out.)

[EDIT: forgot the link in case anyone is interested...

http://www.legionworld.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php ]

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 11/28/2007 7:01 PM.