Okay a bit of a think later...

I can now have different headers between Normal Headers and custom headers.

What i had to do was to make an additional rule for the custom header for each forum.

Code
<div class="header_graphic">
</div>

and
Code
.header_graphic {
background: url(/site_images/header_custom.gif) no-repeat 50% 0; 
height: 98px; 
position: relative;
}

And to get it to work in the custom headers

Code
<div class="header_custom">
</div>

and
Code
.header_custom {
background: url(/site_images/header_custom.gif) no-repeat 50% 0; 
height: 98px; 
position: relative;
}

So my style sheets contain x2 extra css rules now.
Its going to get longer as i have about 12 i want to customise.

BUT..........

My "HOW" Still remains.
How can i change these images on date references?
By this i mean the likes of Christmas, new year etc..
I cant use transparent images due to the loss of quality (white pix's)

I have or did use a php script that checked for the date,
and then a simple else if would show different images
for the festive season or otherwise.

But because the image source is in the css in the style sheet
i need a way to check and override it.

Check - Which css is being used.
Override - the default image.

I hope that make more sense.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo