I want to upgrade my very old version of ubbthreads to the most recent version (by the way, where can we download beta versions?)

I managed to update to

Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.2

That was laborious, doing about 10 altertables one by one, but it worked all right.

Now I am stuck. Is there anything else I need to upgrade before the big step?

I downloaded and installed the threads 7.2.2 software in a new directory and tried to set things up from the scrap.

Thanks to administration for seemlessly recognizing and honoring my age-old lifetime license and give me immediate access to the new software, after years of absence.

Seems I need to use threads_import/threads_import.php which I installed in a subdirectory of that new software install.

(I also tried to install it in the old 6.5.2 software directory, there I got some different error messages, seems that is not the right place)

My main concern are the altertables, so I get my database to work.

First I tried to use the 7.2.2 installer/updater, I managed to enter database information but then I aborted, fearful that it might corrupt my database (when it suggested to create tables I suspected that it really is a installer and not an upgrader)

Here is what I get:
calling the subdirectory /threads_import/threads_import.php
I get a page where to insert data base information.
UBB.threads™ import from UBB.threads™ 6.5.x
Please provide the following information to your 6.5 version of UBB.threads
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Server:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Name:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Username:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Password:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Prefix: w3t_

Warning: not_right_bare(languages/english/generic.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/a9/chat/pinwandchat/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Warning: not_right_bare(): Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/a9/chat/pinwandchat/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Please advise!!! what is the reason for the error, what are the exact steps I need to take.