Some of the things I have found as being elected Administer on several sites running various message board software is the lack of security. I have brought this up to Gizmo in the past here in the Classic area as a reason not to go with Threads.
I will admit that the staff and beta testers here at UBB are on top of it to the fullest extent and strive not only to have a popular, good working board with many features that users want, but also look at security of the board and database as leading factors while developing code.
I recently bought a new license to use Threads here even though I have 2 Licenses to run Classic. I just like to keep the ability to run more then one board at a time. A little background on me is that I am one of the cheapest tightest persons that ever walked. So if I have 3 licenses then it has to be really good compared to the rest of the systems out there.
Some of the other systems do have very neat features but this also takes a security to a back seat in some cases. The team here look at security in everything they do. It would really suck to wake up and find your board was hijacked by some spammer or something.