I didn't mean UBBThreads use a single sign-on system.
(If so , there will be a huge code change )

I just want UBBThreads as an OpenID provider, that users can sign-in to my custom services with their UBBThreads ID . And so , it preserves their "reputation" in my UBBThreads forum.

In my site , there has already been 67000+ of UBBThreads users. I want to add other features ( such as blogging , twitter-clone , or chatrooms ). I need these users share the same UBBThreads identity (and reputation) , so that I don't need to maintain another authentication mechanism (and users don't need to remember another pair of username / password).

If UBBThreads provides an OpenID server (an identity provider) , users can sign in to my blog system as claiming he is some user of UBBThreads in my site. And my service will redirect to UBBThreads to ask he to login , if correct , UBBThreads sends request back , and my service checks again with UBBThreads.

That is , UBBThreads doesn't "use" (consumes) OpenID identity , it is the service (blogging / twitter / chatroom ) I write that consumes (uses) the OpenID identity. UBBThreads is just an "Identity Provider" . No database schema changes , just implementing an authentication handshaking protocol .

It is very useful for UBBThreads-built community. If your site is built on UBBThreads , and if UBBThreads provides an OpenID identity server , it will be very helpful to develop 3rd party addons.

English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.