Well I'm not a zealot for either side but the "Fan Boy" attitude of Open Source is quite tiring and actually a bit childish (in my opinion). Yes there are some excellent applications but enough of the RELIGIOUS Zealot attitude trying to convert someone as though you're saving your own life by doing so. (not saying anyone here goes to that level, but some people on other sites sure do.) I really just can not understand that attitude especially since you rarely hear it from actual PROGRAMMERS that are actively participating in making the application, but you sure do from just average users that have never added anything to the code or even feedback for beta testing.

No browser is 100% in compliance with the W3C / IETF for STANDARDS so I don't see why people continue to post as though it does comply 100%

Quirks Mode for Web Browsers

I agree on the interface changing of IE7 being just plain dumb - no benefit from my point of view either.

All browsers have and do allow their code to stray from the W3C/IETF standards because they need to operate on as many pages out there as possible regardless of how someone coded the page otherwise their browser loses marketing share.

If you go back many years there was no real movement in the W3C and approvals were taking way too long so IE and Netscape being the dominant browsers of the time took it upon themselves to start supporting NEW FEATURES just like Wireless Standards do, just like Modems did years ago. Now days we're more connected and have more people participating in these organizations so naturally Microsoft has some tough choices to make and attempting to provide the best of both Worlds is a good thing I think.

But there are those that wish to bash Microsoft and there is nothing now or in the future that will ever change that no matter what Microsoft does good or bad.

If one wanted to take the time and make a Website listing all the failed, crappy, useless, defunct, poorly written Open Source software it would (in my opinion) far exceed the poorly written applications from Microsoft.

If you like Nix*, Mac, Windows, Open Source, Private Source, etc... use it - doesn't matter to me as I use pieces from all these categories and I'm happy they all exist.