I Googled and found an old post and found this:
###########
Ok, it's actually hiding the real error due to a bug in the importer. I just discovered this on an import I did today as well, and fixing up the importer now so it will show the real error. In the meantime, you can edit the libs/ubbthreads.inc.php file. Around line 804, you'll see a block of code that looks like this:
$smarty->assign("stylesheet",$stylesheet);
$smarty->assign("error",$error);
echo $smarty->fetch("not_right_bare.tpl");
Right after that, add this:
echo "THE ERROR IS:<br><br><b>$error</b><br><br>";
Once that's done then reload the page and you'll see the actual error in bold. A long way to go to get it, but once we get that, then we can see exactly what's going on.
Pear isn't actually needed, it's just referenced as it's in the current include path for PHP.
My first guess is that if you are running mysql 5, then it's currently running in strict mode and there is something about that user where it's trying to input a null value. If that ends up being the case, then you can quickly fix that by running the following SQL command:
SET GLOBAL SQL_MODE='';
###############
I added the line to see the error and I also, for the hell of it ran the SQL command since it fixed this guys problem as well. I will give it a go and see what happens.
After I run the SQL command, is there anything I need to do to commit it, Or does it just take right away?
Travis