Originally Posted by Mark S
Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
Whenever I want to delete a root folder it says I don't have permission to do this and to consult the systems administrator.

Can be Turned off wink

No I think he is talking about the Hard Links which are not really folders but links to folders. If removed it will mess up Vista completely. You can turn off enough stuff to actually remove the folders, but you should not do that. You WILL regret it as you end up probably rebuilding the box.

Well after having invested probably over $10K of my own money over the years in software I'm not going to switch over to Linux - There is a lot more at stake than the cost of the OS to me. Don't get me wrong - Linux is a great OS as well.

As for the comments about the resources, come on , unless you're using Red Hat 5.0 in command line you're NOT running Linux on a P3 w/256MB system and happy with it. The latest greatest GUI versions of Linux are HOGS for system power as well. I don't know too many people that only use Linux as a server - in that case yeah you can have way low requirements and not install all the candy - but for most users they want all the full GUI graphics, drag/drop etc.