here's the thing: COMMUNICATION IS EVERYTHING.

when having conversations that go on day and night via an online forum ("threads"):

1. one MUST be able to READ, before entering the thread, WHO has responded and WHAT is their SUBJECT line;

2. people conversing may actually reply via subject line alone in thread index without the viewing member even having entering thread.
(happens frequently -- entering some trivial keystroke in the body just underneath and already open; frequently signaling the reader with Ø or NT or NF ending the subject line that that is all and there is no need to click onto the body of same message -- that used to be automatic if no body was entered. this is efficiency and is less makes takes effort thereby making communications far more efficient, just compare to what has to be executed by the user now to read, write, post, and reply.)

3. this makes communications powerfully efficient and more intuitive, far easier for new users to grasp and thereby "attraction" is better initiated.

without this USER SETTABLE feature of expanding/collapsing a board's thread index -- it must be able to set as default and remain set while logged-in -- none of the above is possible.

i can't believe it was dropped. i have to have it and UBB.threads is my ONLY hope!

i will buy immediately (within 30 days) if it returns. PLEASE CONTACT ME if and when this returns at kontrol at comcast dot net.