Originally Posted by Gizmo
You could also opt to have a developer do the upgrade as well

Hi Gizmo-

One of my web development clients needs help, and based on your apparent knowledge of UBB Classic and your willingness to work, you seem like the guy for the job. The client has UBB 6.7.3 running on a co-located Windows 2003 server.

Recently, while I was developing an ASP web application for them, the permissions on the website "went haywire"..not sure what happened, but the ubb cgi and non-cgi folders were affected, and I've been attempting to reset them so that all functions of the board work...to no avail.

At this point, the ubb SEEMS to work fine, with the exception that none of the recent posts are reflected on the main page of the board. The only way to see any of them is to click the "Today's active posts" link. When I attempt to "rebuild/re-index" from within the cp, there is a bunch of text written on the page indicating permission problems within the ubb_lib.cgi when certain functions are called..

I've been removing and resetting permissions on everything ubb related for 2 days and can't get it to work right. My client has gotten very frustrated and is now wanting me to find someone to perform an upgrade to UBB.threads for him.

Ideally, you'd be able to suggest how I can get the board running again ASAP so as to keep his community happy, while simultaneously(or soon after) begin installing and modifying the new UBB threads board to aesthetically match the existing board prior to switching over to it.

The current board is here: http://www.myfootshop.com/discussion

If you have the time and are interested in tackling the project, please let me know at your soonest convenience.

Thanks,
Steve