I want to start a new community and for my idea to be successful, I absolutely *must* have the following controls:

-> Registration moderation: new users can not register without being approved by a moderator. This appears to exists as a new user moderation queue in UBB. Awesome. That's a big part of the battle.

-> Avatar moderation: I must have the ability to moderate avatars in a queue. Now, this is where I'm stuck with UBB. I have read the documentation, I have run searches in this forum looking for this feature, and all I can come up with is that moderators can control the height/width of an avatar, or force users to link off-site, or force users to use pre-defined avatars. (Caricatures, I suppose?)

But I want the users to be able to upload an avatar. I just need my moderators to approve it before it shows up in the forums.

Can this be done?

I would also *like* the following features:

-> Allow signatures but allow only certain UBB tags.

-> Enforce maximum height, width, and filesize restrictions for images in posts: regardless of their source. I don't want my forums to degenerate into the kind of crap I see on some forums I visit, where people make "cool" logos and put them in their signature and force the rest of us to scroll our screens horizontally. Or cater to people who refuse to resize images.

Now I could probably live with a lot of different ways to handle the max sizes on images, like, would the picture get automatically resized, or would it turn into a thumbnail that pops open a new window/tab for full size, etc.

Now on my absolutes list (user mod, avatar mod)-- those are not negotiable for me to purchase a forum. The desires list (reduced feature signatures / max image sizes) I might work around by simply having a number of moderators edit posts for users that can't manage to keep their images sized properly.

But seriously,

I do not want to get in the business of writing custom forum code, nor do I want to hire someone to do it, or have the support problem of modified code.

Is there any way to do this stuff using UBB?