I am currently hosted on a shared server with Appliedi.net using Windows server 2003 and IIS6.My plan expires around October 2009. I have had very few problems with my host except for my current issue to enable spider friendly urls. Path_INFO will not work even though I have had them change my php.ini settings etc. In fact even though they may not be the lowest cost provider. They excel in Customer support. I can call or email them and I go directly to the actual techs not a circle of people that don't know what to do.
My dilemma is I have never been hosted on a Linux server. So I don’t know what I am looking for as far as server type (RED HAT) Options or Abilities in the control panel to set the options to fully support UBBThreads. I have always been on a windows server. So I don’t want to move Hosts and find my problem is worse that what I had.
I have seen many posts here for hosts but depending on the date I see people change their opinion on who is the best.
Currently I pay $23.00 a month for a small board MYSQL is around 20 MB.
So here is my list on what I am looking for:
- My first priority is to support all of Ubbthreads features and options.(Such as Path info, Image Magick and a versatile control panel
- I don’t want to be cutoff for bandwidth or over quota issues.
- I want at least 500 POP accounts.
- Mail Iists such as Majordomo
- I don’t care about ASP or FrontPage
- Nice to have would be the ability to set the search string to three or less characters.
Bottom line is I am looking for the best host to install UBBThreads on And not need to post here that I have a problem with a feature.