I reported this issue some time ago; Rick said he planned to get some sort of utility in place for the gallery system. I'm not suprised that it's an issue with the backup ssytem as well.

Basically, when the backup is created through the ubb, it's run as the apache user (as it's the owner who's creating the task) so when it's backed up it's owned by apache; the UBB needs to chown the files after a backup if it's not owned by your user account so you can actually do something with the backups.

i for one, just don't recommend backing up through the forum, but a lot of people don't have ssh access which is quite a shame...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!