I just did the upgrade from a dinosaur UBB 5.44b to Threads 7.4.2

I see that there is a link in the control panel for payments, and accepting via PayPal. I'd like to know how this is used on a Forum and if there is a link somewhere that discusses this.

My Grandiose Ideas...

What we have:
We have a sailboat class association where we collect annual dues. Currently we have a cold fusion script that runs and emails a customized message with link the individual can click on to update their particular record in the class association database. Once they hit confirm, it provides a confirmation email that they print out and mail in to the class treasurer with a check.

The class database is just boat owners, while the forum registered users can be anyone.

What could be:
There is no linkage between the two databases, but I'd like to create a field that links the two. Maybe I can include a custom field in the forum that includes the link to the class database record for those forum users that are owners. I could then use the forum as a means of getting access to their database record for update and offer the Paypal option.

The J/30 Class Forum

The J/30 Class Association Database only public information shown and this is built by a query, not left as a static page for BOTS to search.