Hi

I have done something stupid it seems. I wanted to put a copyright sign on the footer of my ubb.threads 7.2.2 and tried to do this by editing the footer template. I had two browser windows open and changed the html in the template editor in the ubb.threads control panel after changing the permissions on the footer template file in my ftp program.

It all saved fine, and when I loaded the page in the non control panel browser the forum looked fine. I then went through the template and changed the class of the other text on the footer bar from whatever the default was to 'small' which was the default text class for the ubb.threads link in center of the footer. A message came up at the top of the template editor in the control panel saying I have to change that using the style sheet or some such thing...then when I changed what I changed back to what it was...the whole board crashed.

I couldn't even go back using the browser back button...all I get is a white browser window frown No ubb.threads forum page works now.

I have gone back into my ftp and changed all the permissions back on each file and folder to what they used to be...I also copied another copy of the footer.tpl file into my /forums/templates/default/ folder but that hasn't changed anything either.

I am at a loss and desperate to get my forums back online as they are just taking off really well and I have killed them...and stupidly have gone well beyond my ability level and am pretty sad about all this...

Please help!!

Last edited by speedwest; 01/15/2009 4:51 AM.