Okay, so I just had my old 6.4.1 board upgraded to a dazzling new, feature-rich 7.4.1 version. There are lots of good things about this new version, aside from the very aggravating non-functional read/unread post glitch in threaded mode.
![[Linked Image from the-highway.com]](http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/hairout2.gif)
Now, I see in the Admin CP there is the option to enable Subscriptions. So, I'm thinking this is the same feature that was existent for ages in previous versions....
![[Linked Image from the-highway.com]](http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/nope.gif)
.
1. What happened to the old subscriptions (digest) feature?
2. What is this revised subscription feature? how does it work? why was it designed? etc.
3. I WANT THE OLD SUBSCRIPTIONS BACK.... for Pete's sake!! It's more than
stupid not well thought out; to innocently enable the feature to watch a forum and then find 50 individual e-mails sitting in your inbox from your discussion board. The ability to get ONE e-mail with all the new posts/replies from a forum by simply checking a box was fabulously simple and efficient. And as an Admin, it was equally as simple to implement this by creating a conjob to have those subscriptions sent out automatically each day.
How about it Rick old buddy..... "new" isn't always better.
![[Linked Image from the-highway.com]](http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/crazy2.gif)
THANKS! (I'm looking forward to seeing this back in 7.5)
![[Linked Image from the-highway.com]](http://www.the-highway.com/Smileys/mutley.gif)