since I added my last post, I have kind of half figured out how to do it, but if anyone can help me with the other half please would make my year smile

Ok, since my last post I have added a wrapper container encapsulating the whole design in other words everything below the body tag is contained inside of it. Added a style to it containing the required properties.

And it works to an extent, well the <p> tags nested inside other divs are not inheriting the background 'img' or 'color' property, so I am seeing boxes with white backgrounds dotted all over the place.

The other problem I am having is that that the background, although I have applied, 'fixed':

Code
background: url(...xyz/images/bg_background.jpg) no-repeat fixed left top;

it is not fixing itself with the motion of the scroll bar. If anybody can point out to me if I am overlooking some aspect, would really appreciate it - thanking in advance.

Last edited by Naz; 10/09/2009 5:50 AM.

Naz.
[The world is big enough for everyone - so be HAPPY smile ]