You already are using image verification to limit the bots. So the real culprits are probably real people.
Don't know if there is a perfect way around this but anyway.

1) Log on as a admin Goto mystuff>Edit Preferences.
Scroll to the bottom. There is a option to notify you of new registrations.

2) I don't think so. At least I am not aware.

3) The only way I know of is possibly set up a newbie group. And allow that group to post in a specific forum. If you object to what they posted. Then you have the option to ban them.
But to be honest it would be the same as allowing a guest to post.
Then if you ban them for whatever method(IP,Email) they will just come back as another email or ip.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers