All,

I need help. I have to pick the brains around here. Here is my situation.

I was hosted with Linksky. They are a decent company, but when they did a server upgrade, it seems like I went back to the stone ages. Dealing with them is the constant battle of "That is a horrible software" speaking of ubbthreads. "You should use something more compatible with our servers." Well, after being down 4 times this year for random crap, I bit the bullet and moved everything to Godaddy.com. While this isn't the best choice, it is the one we made.

I have both the domain and site hosted with them, and we are now live. I am ready to try and redo the damage here.

1. My database is not coming over properly. After rebuilding it at godaddy, I am getting the following error:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '‹
 úDê£E2…"Á¡HSS úD:”³g7ª?ùèï•Ã:ž†ˆUìHÔû`G¶ÀŽ4üö%ÀŽ$°#v¤;ýÉðïGö,÷' at line 1

I realize that the server versions are probably different, but I thought as long as they both were running MYSQL 5.0, we should be good. What can I do to correct this issue? I did a search through here, and I couldn't find anything that might help.

2. With the problem above, I have not gotten to begin an install of UBB on the new site. I am confident in the installation, but would it be better to go with an older version and then upgrade to 7.5.4.2 or just to put on 7.5.3, which is what was on the site and what the database was, and then upgrade?

I am sure I will have more questions along the way, but these two seem to be the most pressing right now. Thanks in advance.