Hi there, I'm considering buying a UBB license, tho I'm wondering how soon version 8 will be out the door for two reasons:

1. a license includes free upgrades for a year. I'd hope to have version 8 within that timeframe, and not just the initial release, but I assume that patches and tweaks will be occurring quite a bit for the near future after its release, and I'd hope to have a solid and somewhat settled version of the forum before that year of upgrades ran out.

2. I assume, though I may be wrong, that upgrading to version 8 would require, or best be done with a clean install, and I wouldn't want to put lots of effort into setting up version 7 only to have to wipe it all for version 8.

Non-version 8 queries:

Is it pretty easy to create your own themes and colour schemes for the forum? Is it html done, or is there an interface that lets you pick colours for different bars and things?

Does UBB have many important functions that aren't available as mods for SMF? Maybe that's a silly sounding question, but I'm entirely new to considering running forum software and I'd like to ask it anyway.

Are there any solid reasons why you (whoever's reading this) prefer UBB to vBulletin?

Thanks for taking the time to read/respond to these questions.