one thing i'd recommend instead is to really (in version 8) have a automatically detected 'mobile' device connection and to switch to it..

for example my blog has that in Wordpress.. that way you'd save the middle man and speed..

Click here on a mobile device and you'll see the difference vs. the normal theme displayed.. no special url to remember either.. I have an iTouch and was blown away at how nice the list of articles looked and uber blown away that it handled the syntax highlighting for posts with code in them.

Clicky Poo for an actual article

now for the life of me, i don't know how to do a screenie on a mobile eek , but what it does is really neat. for example if an article has comments, it just puts a Red circle and a number over the Calendar date.. real nice for real estate problems..

[Edit]:found a way.. use Safari in developer mode to emulate iPhone Screenie of what a mobile sees

you wouldn't get that with mobify or you would have to do more work at least, so i can't say FOR SURE..

Linky Poo to typical screenies from plugin itself (not my site) shows it off much better wink

now an 'article' would prolly be a 'thread' in ubbt, so the concept is quite interchangeable.. categories are categories.. all the similar terminology between a BLOG and a FORUM are perty close.. just typing is always a bitch though and you can prolly forget about the ADMIN side of things! laugh

However, with UBB.threads going to more flexible layout/styling, i think that kinda stuff is just around the corner smile