I have been on both sides of the fence as a Mod then an Admin for Absent owner and now as an Owner.

Just some points I want to make.

People lie. I have had cases where some said that there PM's were read and what happened is the other person or persons in the PM shared the information via email, phone or Instant Message. So really no unauthorized person read their PM's, but some one shared it with others.

As a Mod, not sure what you are able to do, on my board and the other board I was a Mod then and Admin, Mods do not have access to the control panel.

In this day in Technology I can't imagine that your board owner or Admin can't have access to a computer some where. Libraries have computer for people to use.

If you have access to the Control Panel, make sure that what you are told is true before making a move to remove a Mod from a board you don't own.

There can be a lot of backyard politics, adults acting like grade school children at play here or some members who have banned together to see if they can get a Mod they don't like removed.

So make sure you have all the facts before you do any thing.

Val