This particular mod had his banning privileges revoked after an incident last year, and our admin never particularly liked him to begin with. So the mod has been pestering everyone to get his full mod privileges restored, but that was never going to happen. He also confided to another mod (who confided in me) that "he's glad to leave an online elitist clique of misanthropes" and that he wants out. So I've been in touch with another admin via phone (since he moved he hasn't had internet access) to keep him appraised of the situation.

And no worries, I've been trying to quietly gather my facts and make sure my ducks are in a row before I take any action. I'll think I'll just have the one admin send him a quick PM and cancel his moderator status today.

The lack of admins is frustrating. We had/have three, and one hasn't been back on since February. The other, like I mentioned, moved, and the main admin is currently managing a Senate campaign and just doesn't have the time to get to the site. If I'd thought about it, I should have gotten his cell number before he went on hiatus, so I could let him know if something like this needed to be taken care of. But the admins trust my judgment, and know that I'm not a backhanded kind of person who does stuff behind others' backs. So I'll try to get in touch with the admin who moved, so he can take care of things, even if he has to drive to Starbucks or Panera for the free WiFi, lol!