It could also be that the cdrom drives have burnt out... OR that you're trying to boot a DVD in a cdrom drive... Several options really to think about...

Best bet is though, utilizing a thumb drive (if the bios supports booting from a USB device) or swapping (temporarily) with a dvd drive that you know works (dvd drives are dirt cheap now adays, and since it'd likely be temporary, size doesn't really matter much).

Another item to check is to be sure the cable is plugged into the drive; I know I've disconnected devices that I've not used, so it's possible that the power/data cable isn't connected to the drive...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!